Blog: Can we defuse the diet time bomb?
Catherine Sleep | 7 January 2004
There’s no doubt about it, obesity is going to remain THE issue we talk about this year. The UK Food Standards Agency is holding a public debate to discuss food promotion to children and the effect it has on poor diets and rising levels of childhood obesity. Want a ticket? Get in line because they are bound to sell like the proverbial hot cakes. I've already booked mine.
The debate will also be broadcast live on Sky – for more info click the link below.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO