Blog: Care for an aphrodisiac breakfast cereal?
Petah Marian | 15 March 2011
Attending IFE yesterday (14 March), I came across one of the more unusual product launches with Alara Wholefoods' Maca's Secrets - which the manufacturer describes as the "first-ever aphrodisiac breakfast cereal".
According to Alara Wholefoods owner Alex Smith, the product uses Maca, a Peruvian root that can heighten the libido.
He said that the product contains about 3g of Maca per serve, and "is not like Viagra", but has an affect over the long term. Adding that it also "balances the hormones" and is "good for PMT".
Smith said the manufacturer "packed it for the first time last week" and has already had orders from Finland. Maca's Secret will be available through natural food wholesalers from May and Smith added that he is currently presenting the product to the UK multiples.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nature’s Path takes majority stake in Gorilly Good
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review