Blog: Care for an aphrodisiac breakfast cereal?
Petah Marian | 15 March 2011
Attending IFE yesterday (14 March), I came across one of the more unusual product launches with Alara Wholefoods' Maca's Secrets - which the manufacturer describes as the "first-ever aphrodisiac breakfast cereal".
According to Alara Wholefoods owner Alex Smith, the product uses Maca, a Peruvian root that can heighten the libido.
He said that the product contains about 3g of Maca per serve, and "is not like Viagra", but has an affect over the long term. Adding that it also "balances the hormones" and is "good for PMT".
Smith said the manufacturer "packed it for the first time last week" and has already had orders from Finland. Maca's Secret will be available through natural food wholesalers from May and Smith added that he is currently presenting the product to the UK multiples.
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs