Blog: Care for an aphrodisiac breakfast cereal?
Petah Marian | 15 March 2011
Attending IFE yesterday (14 March), I came across one of the more unusual product launches with Alara Wholefoods' Maca's Secrets - which the manufacturer describes as the "first-ever aphrodisiac breakfast cereal".
According to Alara Wholefoods owner Alex Smith, the product uses Maca, a Peruvian root that can heighten the libido.
He said that the product contains about 3g of Maca per serve, and "is not like Viagra", but has an affect over the long term. Adding that it also "balances the hormones" and is "good for PMT".
Smith said the manufacturer "packed it for the first time last week" and has already had orders from Finland. Maca's Secret will be available through natural food wholesalers from May and Smith added that he is currently presenting the product to the UK multiples.
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review