Blog: Care for an aphrodisiac breakfast cereal?
Petah Marian | 15 March 2011
Attending IFE yesterday (14 March), I came across one of the more unusual product launches with Alara Wholefoods' Maca's Secrets - which the manufacturer describes as the "first-ever aphrodisiac breakfast cereal".
According to Alara Wholefoods owner Alex Smith, the product uses Maca, a Peruvian root that can heighten the libido.
He said that the product contains about 3g of Maca per serve, and "is not like Viagra", but has an affect over the long term. Adding that it also "balances the hormones" and is "good for PMT".
Smith said the manufacturer "packed it for the first time last week" and has already had orders from Finland. Maca's Secret will be available through natural food wholesalers from May and Smith added that he is currently presenting the product to the UK multiples.
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe