Blog: Care for an aphrodisiac breakfast cereal?
Petah Marian | 15 March 2011
Attending IFE yesterday (14 March), I came across one of the more unusual product launches with Alara Wholefoods' Maca's Secrets - which the manufacturer describes as the "first-ever aphrodisiac breakfast cereal".
According to Alara Wholefoods owner Alex Smith, the product uses Maca, a Peruvian root that can heighten the libido.
He said that the product contains about 3g of Maca per serve, and "is not like Viagra", but has an affect over the long term. Adding that it also "balances the hormones" and is "good for PMT".
Smith said the manufacturer "packed it for the first time last week" and has already had orders from Finland. Maca's Secret will be available through natural food wholesalers from May and Smith added that he is currently presenting the product to the UK multiples.
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Can manufacturers revitalise shopper experience?
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund