Blog: Catherine Geslain-Lanéelle speaks out
Catherine Sleep | 8 August 2006
Since taking up her post as executive director of the European Food Safety Authority in June, Catherine Geslain-Lanéelle has been understandably busy. There is no bigger job in the food industry right now, and she has abundant claims on her time and expertise. So we were delighted when she agreed to take an hour off to chat to just-food’s Keith Nuthall.
It’s the first interview she’s given with a specialist publication outside of Italy, and members can get the inside track on how she intends to steer EFSA strategy by clicking the link below.
Danone completed its US$12.5bn acquisition of WhiteWave Foods this week. The move will roughly double Danone's presence in North America, where WhiteWave is a top four dairy player. ...
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1