Blog: Chocolate in the post
Catherine Sleep | 7 December 2006
Sometimes we get the weirdest post here at just-food. Mostly it’s just off-the-wall news releases from PRs trying just a little too hard, but today the postman delivered an intriguing parcel. Allow me to cite the accompanying letter:
“Dear Sirs (news editor Katy and I will let the gender assumption pass for now)
I am writing to complain about the chocolate I recently purchased from Lanzarote Airport – a pack of 12 Daim Bars (336g) and a pack of Tiny Toblerone (300g). The chocolate appears to have been affected by the heat as it has turned white – hence the taste of the chocolate is impaired and not edible.
I have enclosed a couple of bars and the packaging from both purchases. I look forward to hearing from you with regard to reimbursement.
Yours faithfully, etc etc”
And indeed some rather jaded looking chocolate was enclosed in the parcel. But why has it been sent to me? How can anyone visit just-food long enough to copy out our full address, but not realise we have nothing whatsoever to do with Toblerone or Daim? And now what do I do with it? I feel duty bound to send it on to Kraft, or back to the sender, but should I bother?
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review