Blog: Christmas comes but once a year…
Catherine Sleep | 12 December 2005
… thank goodness! I hear you cry. So how are you going about your Christmas shopping this year? If you’re anything like me, you’re doing at least some of it online, and probably more than last year as retailers gear up to the needs of those who prefer the civilised atmosphere of home to the pandemonium of the shopping mall.
Not that I’ve anything against endless queues of stressed Christmas shoppers, cheesy Yuletide anthems on a constant loop and crowded, overheated shop floors, obviously. There’s a place for that, but it’s an increasingly small one. Two out of five UK shoppers now do at least some of their Christmas buying online, thanks in part to Broadband.
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch