Blog: Christmas comes but once a year…
Catherine Sleep | 12 December 2005
… thank goodness! I hear you cry. So how are you going about your Christmas shopping this year? If you’re anything like me, you’re doing at least some of it online, and probably more than last year as retailers gear up to the needs of those who prefer the civilised atmosphere of home to the pandemonium of the shopping mall.
Not that I’ve anything against endless queues of stressed Christmas shoppers, cheesy Yuletide anthems on a constant loop and crowded, overheated shop floors, obviously. There’s a place for that, but it’s an increasingly small one. Two out of five UK shoppers now do at least some of their Christmas buying online, thanks in part to Broadband.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review