Blog: Christmas comes but once a year…
Catherine Sleep | 12 December 2005
… thank goodness! I hear you cry. So how are you going about your Christmas shopping this year? If you’re anything like me, you’re doing at least some of it online, and probably more than last year as retailers gear up to the needs of those who prefer the civilised atmosphere of home to the pandemonium of the shopping mall.
Not that I’ve anything against endless queues of stressed Christmas shoppers, cheesy Yuletide anthems on a constant loop and crowded, overheated shop floors, obviously. There’s a place for that, but it’s an increasingly small one. Two out of five UK shoppers now do at least some of their Christmas buying online, thanks in part to Broadband.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Why near-term takeover of Mead Johnson unlikely
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix