Blog: Christmas comes but once a year…
Catherine Sleep | 12 December 2005
… thank goodness! I hear you cry. So how are you going about your Christmas shopping this year? If you’re anything like me, you’re doing at least some of it online, and probably more than last year as retailers gear up to the needs of those who prefer the civilised atmosphere of home to the pandemonium of the shopping mall.
Not that I’ve anything against endless queues of stressed Christmas shoppers, cheesy Yuletide anthems on a constant loop and crowded, overheated shop floors, obviously. There’s a place for that, but it’s an increasingly small one. Two out of five UK shoppers now do at least some of their Christmas buying online, thanks in part to Broadband.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nature’s Path takes majority stake in Gorilly Good
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020