Blog: Cloudy conference out of step with vibrant city
Dean Best | 11 April 2008
Barcelona is so vibrant that the doom and gloom pervading the World Retail Congress seems out of step with the atmosphere elsewhere in the city.
The third and final day of the World Retail Congress in Barcelona has been a more muted affair - particularly on the food retailing front, and as the clouds gather above, it's easy to see the weather as a metaphor for the prospects for retailers over the next 12 to 18 months.
All in all, a fascinating and fun trip to Barcelona but one that may have left some of the executives present feeling a little uneasy...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
The Obama administration appears to have conceded the landmark Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal will not be pushed through in the lame-duck session of Congress before Donald Trump is inaugur...
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods