Blog: Cloudy conference out of step with vibrant city
Dean Best | 11 April 2008
Barcelona is so vibrant that the doom and gloom pervading the World Retail Congress seems out of step with the atmosphere elsewhere in the city.
The third and final day of the World Retail Congress in Barcelona has been a more muted affair - particularly on the food retailing front, and as the clouds gather above, it's easy to see the weather as a metaphor for the prospects for retailers over the next 12 to 18 months.
All in all, a fascinating and fun trip to Barcelona but one that may have left some of the executives present feeling a little uneasy...
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth