Blog: Cloudy conference out of step with vibrant city
Dean Best | 11 April 2008
Barcelona is so vibrant that the doom and gloom pervading the World Retail Congress seems out of step with the atmosphere elsewhere in the city.
The third and final day of the World Retail Congress in Barcelona has been a more muted affair - particularly on the food retailing front, and as the clouds gather above, it's easy to see the weather as a metaphor for the prospects for retailers over the next 12 to 18 months.
All in all, a fascinating and fun trip to Barcelona but one that may have left some of the executives present feeling a little uneasy...
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review