Blog: Cloudy conference out of step with vibrant city
Dean Best | 11 April 2008
Barcelona is so vibrant that the doom and gloom pervading the World Retail Congress seems out of step with the atmosphere elsewhere in the city.
The third and final day of the World Retail Congress in Barcelona has been a more muted affair - particularly on the food retailing front, and as the clouds gather above, it's easy to see the weather as a metaphor for the prospects for retailers over the next 12 to 18 months.
All in all, a fascinating and fun trip to Barcelona but one that may have left some of the executives present feeling a little uneasy...
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- General Mills books lower 9M sales and profits