Blog: Cohabiting makes you fat…
Catherine Sleep | 6 April 2006
…if you’re a woman, that is. The male of the species, on the other hand, eats more healthily under the influence of a loving girlfriend or wife, and so tends to shed pounds. At least this is what a review of studies undertaken by Newcastle University dieticians indicates.
Does your own experience bear this out? I’d have to say that our marriage at least partly backs it up. Since I got hitched to a greyhound-skinny cake lover, I’ve found it harder to abstain from, shall we say, “foods of negligible nutritional benefit”; foods which I simply didn’t have in the house when I reigned supreme over the fridge. The erstwhile Microwave Cowboy, meanwhile, is definitely eating more vegetables, and fresh food in general, and thinks about issues such as salt intake.
Having a child focuses the attention even more keenly on food, as most people make so much effort to feed their baby a balanced, healthy diet, that it makes them think about paying more attention to their own food intake. After all, we're "worth it" too, as those silly shampoo ads say.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review