Blog: Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference starts today
Dean Best | 21 March 2016
just-food (and sister site just-drinks) are the exclusive media partners for the three-day Consumer Analyst Group Europe investment conference, which starts today in London.
The likes of Danone, Tyson Foods, Kerry Group and Glanbia will discuss their performance in 2015 and their plans for 2016. (Danone's CEO may even be quizzed about the fresh speculation linking the business to US infant formula group Mead Johnson).
Today, we are set to hear from Doug Goare, the president of international "lead markets" for McDonald's, outline the QSR giant's plans outside the US.
That will be followed by foodservice consultants Horizons will discuss the global trends driving the sector.
Bryan Roberts, of UK-based marketing consultants TCC Global, will weigh up how changing consumer behaviour is affecting the retail sector.
This afternoon, business-to-business chocolate supplier Barry Callebaut is scheduled to present, with the company's CEO, former Unilever executive Antoine de Saint-Affrique, set to lay out the Swiss company's plans for the year ahead.
The day will be rounded off by Bonin Bough, the chief media and e-commerce officer at Mondelez International - a company that has targeted US$1bn in sales through the e-commerce channel by 2020 - and Dr Mario Simon, CEO of Millward Brown Vermeer, who will set out how brands can create value.
We'll be reporting on the news and views from CAGE this week.
Remember, if you don't subscribe to the site, you can get 30 days full access for GBP1, US$1 or EUR1. Or if you purchase 12 months of access by the end of March, you get a further three months - and exclusive research reports on online grocery and on M&A - free.
Sectors: Baby food, Bakery, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Confectionery, Dairy, Financials, Free-from, Frozen, Ice cream, Meat & poultry, Multichannel, Natural & organic, NPD & innovation, Private label, Seafood, Snacks, World foods
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016