Blog: Danish bravado
Catherine Sleep | 21 February 2006
One might be excused for thinking that Danish food companies would be playing down their origins right now, given the bad press they’ve received following the political cartoon scandal. But some of them are proving surprisingly bullish.
Danish Bacon has just released details of its 2006 advertising campaign and it’s positioned firmly on a platform of the product’s Danish origins. As the company said: “We have taken the best aspects of 2005, added some spice with new ideas - and have a programme set to inspire even more consumers to choose Danish.”
Well, good for them, if they feel it will serve them well. If you’re interested in the effects the cartoons are having on the food sector – and it’s not bad news for everyone – then click the link below.
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities