Blog: Danone goes beyond digital marketing
Katy Askew | 20 February 2014
Starbucks JV will help Danone target 170m US consumers, French group's CEO said
Danone is hoping to reach out to US consumers and "educate" them on the merits of dairy through its joint venture with Starbucks, CEO Franck Riboud suggested today (20 February).
Speaking during a conference call to discuss the group's full-year results, Riboud insisted the tie-up, which was announced last summer, goes far beyond representing a "new channel" for Danone. Instead, he argued, it is a new way to interact with consumers.
"It is much more than a new channel. It is my Facebook, my Google. Why? Because every morning in the US, 170m consumers have had their breakfast and go into a Starbucks... and they will explain to them fresh dairy."
There is an almost subversive element to this approach, which goes beyond conventional and even digital marketing. Danone is feeding into established consumption patterns and altering them from within. A smart way to boost US yoghurt consumption, which still significantly trails European consumption levels.
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife