Blog: Danone plans expansion in India
Petah Marian | 12 April 2011
With just-food at an industry conference looking at innovation in the UK, it is interesting to note Danone talking about plans to ramp up its expansion in India.
Danone India marketing head Swati Jain told the Times of India earlier this week that the manufacturer has a pipeline plan to bring some of its "blockbuster products" in two years.
While a Danone spokesperson was unable to comment any further on what its plans for the country may be, as it is currently in a blackout period ahead of its results announcement on Thursday, many of its international brands could be rolled out in the rapidly growing market.
Potential launches may include Activia, Actimel, Danacol and Evian. According to the report, the bulk of Danone's Indian business comes from packaged curds, and the dairy group is focused on offering "value-added" products.
"Ninety-five per cent of consumers make dahi at home. The objective for marketers is to offer value-added dahi. We are thus offering fortified dahi," said Jain.
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Aryzta appoints Gary McGann as chairman
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities