Blog: Danone plans expansion in India
Petah Marian | 12 April 2011
With just-food at an industry conference looking at innovation in the UK, it is interesting to note Danone talking about plans to ramp up its expansion in India.
Danone India marketing head Swati Jain told the Times of India earlier this week that the manufacturer has a pipeline plan to bring some of its "blockbuster products" in two years.
While a Danone spokesperson was unable to comment any further on what its plans for the country may be, as it is currently in a blackout period ahead of its results announcement on Thursday, many of its international brands could be rolled out in the rapidly growing market.
Potential launches may include Activia, Actimel, Danacol and Evian. According to the report, the bulk of Danone's Indian business comes from packaged curds, and the dairy group is focused on offering "value-added" products.
"Ninety-five per cent of consumers make dahi at home. The objective for marketers is to offer value-added dahi. We are thus offering fortified dahi," said Jain.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image