Blog: Danone sets up shop in Paris
Dean Best | 21 July 2011
Yoghurt fans in Paris now have more places to shop with the opening of three Danone Bars.
The Activia maker is looking to boost yoghurt consumption outside the home, with outlets selling customised fresh or iced dairy products not on sale in France's supermarkets.
"At home, yoghurt has found its place at the end of the meal. The situation is different for people having meals outside the home when only one person out of eight is including it in their meal," Danone told just-food.
The French food giant says the "healthy treats" on sale come in 80g, 150g and 250g sizes to which you can add toppings.
"We are competing with all the fast-food industry which offers products for the end of the meal or delectable offers," Danone said. "The advantage of this offer is the customization of size, the experience (fresh or iced dairy), the toppings and the benefits of yoghurt [which is] a healthy treat. It is a fair offer from a nutritional point of view with or without topping: for 100g, the fresh or iced dairy product contains less fat and sugar and more calcium than any other ice creams or cream desserts."
For now, the Danone Bars have been launched on a pilot basis. "We will take time to adjust or evolve the offer and concept," Danone said.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image