Blog: Darling Spuds
Catherine Sleep | 14 February 2007
Happy Valentine’s Day, one and all. What do you mean, "commercialised twaddle", you old misery? Even if you don't rate it as an important date in the romantic calendar, surely a reminder to do something nice for your partner is A Good Thing.
If you really don’t buy flowers or chocolates on Valentine’s Day, how about some posh crisps? Just launched today, Darling Spuds are the sophisticated sister of Salty Dog and come in four subtle flavours. The idea is that the flavours do not overwhelm the potato itself, which can be a problem with lots of crisps.
We tend to view spuds as a commodity product, and this product aims to reinstate them as a quality ingredient worthy of some individual attention, not just a carrier of more exciting ingredients. Nice one. Good enough for Valentine's Day if you ask me.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities