Blog: Deliciously bold
Dean Best | 18 June 2009
The bold and the bizarre are always guaranteed to turn out for Ladies Day at Ascot, but this year, the most unusual yet came from a lady sporting an edible 99 Cadbury's Flake hat.
In celebration of the 10th anniversary of “Britain's most iconic ice cream”, Fredericks Ice Cream commissioned milliner Judy Bentinck to create a four-foot cone hat.
Made of mesh and satin, the 4ft headwear includes real chocolate flake pieces that racing fans can sample.
Freya Berry was the lucky (or should I say unlucky?) model chosen to wear the hat.
Let’s just hope the sun doesn’t make an appearance or she may well be sampling the hat herself…whether she likes it or not…
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods