Blog: Deliciously bold
Dean Best | 18 June 2009
The bold and the bizarre are always guaranteed to turn out for Ladies Day at Ascot, but this year, the most unusual yet came from a lady sporting an edible 99 Cadbury's Flake hat.
In celebration of the 10th anniversary of “Britain's most iconic ice cream”, Fredericks Ice Cream commissioned milliner Judy Bentinck to create a four-foot cone hat.
Made of mesh and satin, the 4ft headwear includes real chocolate flake pieces that racing fans can sample.
Freya Berry was the lucky (or should I say unlucky?) model chosen to wear the hat.
Let’s just hope the sun doesn’t make an appearance or she may well be sampling the hat herself…whether she likes it or not…
Danone completed its US$12.5bn acquisition of WhiteWave Foods this week. The move will roughly double Danone's presence in North America, where WhiteWave is a top four dairy player. ...
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units