Blog: Didn't I say I'd be back before you knew it?
Catherine Sleep | 6 September 2005
Wahey, I’m back! Loyal just-food fans might recall that I disappeared on maternity leave in March to spend six months devoting myself entirely to my new baby son, George. And indeed it has been both a revelation and a delight. Not to mention absolutely exhausting.
Now I’m ready to embark on the time-honoured balancing act of parenting and employment. My bosses here at Aroq are supporting me in this endeavour by approving a three-day week, so I shall be working Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from now on. This may mean you occasionally have to wait a little longer for a personal response from me, but of course the rest of the editorial team is always available, not least Kate Barker, who most valiantly and capably took over the reins during my prolonged absence. Many thanks to her.
As ever, I’m keen to hear ideas from all our readers on how we can improve the site. What do you like, what do you hate, what we can do better? Let’s hear it.
And while I’ve got your attention, if anyone knows how to clean mashed avocado off a beige carpet, that would be just smashing.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods