Blog: Didn't I say I'd be back before you knew it?
Catherine Sleep | 6 September 2005
Wahey, I’m back! Loyal just-food fans might recall that I disappeared on maternity leave in March to spend six months devoting myself entirely to my new baby son, George. And indeed it has been both a revelation and a delight. Not to mention absolutely exhausting.
Now I’m ready to embark on the time-honoured balancing act of parenting and employment. My bosses here at Aroq are supporting me in this endeavour by approving a three-day week, so I shall be working Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from now on. This may mean you occasionally have to wait a little longer for a personal response from me, but of course the rest of the editorial team is always available, not least Kate Barker, who most valiantly and capably took over the reins during my prolonged absence. Many thanks to her.
As ever, I’m keen to hear ideas from all our readers on how we can improve the site. What do you like, what do you hate, what we can do better? Let’s hear it.
And while I’ve got your attention, if anyone knows how to clean mashed avocado off a beige carpet, that would be just smashing.
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020