Blog: Didn't I say I'd be back before you knew it?
Catherine Sleep | 6 September 2005
Wahey, I’m back! Loyal just-food fans might recall that I disappeared on maternity leave in March to spend six months devoting myself entirely to my new baby son, George. And indeed it has been both a revelation and a delight. Not to mention absolutely exhausting.
Now I’m ready to embark on the time-honoured balancing act of parenting and employment. My bosses here at Aroq are supporting me in this endeavour by approving a three-day week, so I shall be working Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from now on. This may mean you occasionally have to wait a little longer for a personal response from me, but of course the rest of the editorial team is always available, not least Kate Barker, who most valiantly and capably took over the reins during my prolonged absence. Many thanks to her.
As ever, I’m keen to hear ideas from all our readers on how we can improve the site. What do you like, what do you hate, what we can do better? Let’s hear it.
And while I’ve got your attention, if anyone knows how to clean mashed avocado off a beige carpet, that would be just smashing.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review