Blog: Didn't I say I'd be back before you knew it?
Catherine Sleep | 6 September 2005
Wahey, I’m back! Loyal just-food fans might recall that I disappeared on maternity leave in March to spend six months devoting myself entirely to my new baby son, George. And indeed it has been both a revelation and a delight. Not to mention absolutely exhausting.
Now I’m ready to embark on the time-honoured balancing act of parenting and employment. My bosses here at Aroq are supporting me in this endeavour by approving a three-day week, so I shall be working Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from now on. This may mean you occasionally have to wait a little longer for a personal response from me, but of course the rest of the editorial team is always available, not least Kate Barker, who most valiantly and capably took over the reins during my prolonged absence. Many thanks to her.
As ever, I’m keen to hear ideas from all our readers on how we can improve the site. What do you like, what do you hate, what we can do better? Let’s hear it.
And while I’ve got your attention, if anyone knows how to clean mashed avocado off a beige carpet, that would be just smashing.
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review