Blog: Didn't I say I'd be back before you knew it?
Catherine Sleep | 6 September 2005
Wahey, I’m back! Loyal just-food fans might recall that I disappeared on maternity leave in March to spend six months devoting myself entirely to my new baby son, George. And indeed it has been both a revelation and a delight. Not to mention absolutely exhausting.
Now I’m ready to embark on the time-honoured balancing act of parenting and employment. My bosses here at Aroq are supporting me in this endeavour by approving a three-day week, so I shall be working Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from now on. This may mean you occasionally have to wait a little longer for a personal response from me, but of course the rest of the editorial team is always available, not least Kate Barker, who most valiantly and capably took over the reins during my prolonged absence. Many thanks to her.
As ever, I’m keen to hear ideas from all our readers on how we can improve the site. What do you like, what do you hate, what we can do better? Let’s hear it.
And while I’ve got your attention, if anyone knows how to clean mashed avocado off a beige carpet, that would be just smashing.
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant