Blog: Do I care how old they are?
Catherine Sleep | 20 May 2005
Today I’ve learned that Jeffrey P Berger, new executive vice president of Heinz is 55 years old. I’ve also found out that the new chief operating officer of UK ice cream maker Richmond Foods, Ibrahim Najafi, is 47, while new non-executive director Brian Buchan is 52.
Why are they telling me this? (The first question any journalist should ask.) I wouldn’t single out Heinz and Richmond for criticism, because almost everybody does it, but is the world really so riddled with ageism that the most important thing about somebody, to be set straight after their name in an announcement to the financial markets, is how old they are? Maybe I'm just getting sensitive in my old age.
Chris Lyddon (42)
News Editor, just-food.com
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report