Blog: Do I care how old they are?
Catherine Sleep | 20 May 2005
Today I’ve learned that Jeffrey P Berger, new executive vice president of Heinz is 55 years old. I’ve also found out that the new chief operating officer of UK ice cream maker Richmond Foods, Ibrahim Najafi, is 47, while new non-executive director Brian Buchan is 52.
Why are they telling me this? (The first question any journalist should ask.) I wouldn’t single out Heinz and Richmond for criticism, because almost everybody does it, but is the world really so riddled with ageism that the most important thing about somebody, to be set straight after their name in an announcement to the financial markets, is how old they are? Maybe I'm just getting sensitive in my old age.
Chris Lyddon (42)
News Editor, just-food.com
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review