Blog: Doha doom and gloom
Catherine Sleep | 27 July 2006
In what can only be referred to as a diplomatic catastrophe, the Doha Round of the WTO talks came crashing to a halt earlier this week. The poor countries that the world has been trying to help will just have to wait, won’t they?
Fortunately for just-food members who want to know the ins and outs of the negotiations, and the likely outcome if and when they resume, we have our policy expert Keith Nuthall to hand. Keith has burned the midnight oil for us, delivering the August management briefing early so that our readers can get bang up to date on this extremely intricate matter.
If I said his warts-and-all analysis contained the words protectionism, spin and standoff, would you be surprised?
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities