Blog: Dragon sausages
Catherine Sleep | 23 November 2006
Remember my blog entry a few weeks ago about a Wakefield fish & chip shop under investigation by environmental health officials because it smelled of, um, fish and chips?
Well, now jobsworths in Wales have decided to get in on the act. Black Mountain Smokery in Powys has been told to change the name of its Welsh Dragon Sausages, to include the word pork, in case consumers were mislead into believing the sausages contained, ahem, dragon meat.
What about toad in the hole, fairy cakes and fish fingers? I am pretty sure the ingredients of those perennial favourites include neither toad, fairy nor finger. At least, I hope they don’t. As a consumer, I’m confused and I demand protection as a matter of urgency.
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities