Blog: Dreams can come true
Catherine Sleep | 7 March 2007
A contestant on the product launch programme Dragon’s Den has not only received financial backing for his family recipe; it’s been picked up by Sainsbury’s. Of course it may have helped that singer Levi Roots already had a modest public profile before entering the Den, having been nominated for best reggae singer at the 1998 Mobo awards.
Roots’ Reggae Reggae sauce is already on sale in 600 Sainsbury’s stores, just weeks after he persuaded two entrepreneurs to give him £50,000 in exchange for a 40% stake in his business. Well, that’s a step-up from a stand at the Notting Hill Carnival, isn’t it?
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- How PepsiCo is taking action on palm oil
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- MP calls for probe into Bernard Matthews "sale"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report