Blog: Eat your way to political engagement
Catherine Sleep | 4 July 2006
Liberty Cookies, a small bakery in California (where else?), has launched a new patriotic symbol – a ‘stars and stripes forever’ magnet. It is intended to represent ‘America’s belief in the infinite strength of our Democratic ideals’. Ho hum.
CEO John Rose said he believed the design “displays our trust in God to protect us when we stand up for our inalienable rights”. Funny, standing up for themselves was never something I thought Americans had a problem with. He seems to be trying to reclaim the flag from those who would only use it to represent war, although he also says he supports the troops. It’s a somewhat confused message and I think he’d be better off sticking with the cookies (which one can, of course, also purchase on eBay).
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020