Blog: Eat your way to political engagement
Catherine Sleep | 4 July 2006
Liberty Cookies, a small bakery in California (where else?), has launched a new patriotic symbol – a ‘stars and stripes forever’ magnet. It is intended to represent ‘America’s belief in the infinite strength of our Democratic ideals’. Ho hum.
CEO John Rose said he believed the design “displays our trust in God to protect us when we stand up for our inalienable rights”. Funny, standing up for themselves was never something I thought Americans had a problem with. He seems to be trying to reclaim the flag from those who would only use it to represent war, although he also says he supports the troops. It’s a somewhat confused message and I think he’d be better off sticking with the cookies (which one can, of course, also purchase on eBay).
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Aryzta appoints Gary McGann as chairman
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities