Blog: Eggs-odus - Bob Marley food lines set for launch?
Dean Best | 11 February 2009
On the heels of his 64th birthday, the family of Bob Marley has partnered with private equity firm Hilco Consumer Capital to produce a range of food and beverages under the Marley brand name.
The announcement on the new range was made yesterday (10 February) by Cedella Marley, the daughter and first child of the late Bob Marley and will also include a range of accessories, apparel, footwear and musical instruments, amongst others.
"Bob Marley's legacy is global and cross generational, there are very few people who have left such a great impression on global pop culture,” said David Lipman, chairman of Lipman, one of the brand houses working on the project. “His values are as uniquely relevant today as they were 30 years ago and will be just as relevant 30 years from now. I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to work on a brand that deserves such thoughtful stewardship."
And so on that note, we at the just-food head office thought we’d help them out with some brand names for the new food range. Judge for yourself…
No Woman, No Fry Up
Easy Lamb Shanking
Buffalo Egg & Soldiers
...while Jamming and Stir it Up speak for themselves!
Any further contributions are welcomed….
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities