Blog: Eggs-odus - Bob Marley food lines set for launch?
Dean Best | 11 February 2009
On the heels of his 64th birthday, the family of Bob Marley has partnered with private equity firm Hilco Consumer Capital to produce a range of food and beverages under the Marley brand name.
The announcement on the new range was made yesterday (10 February) by Cedella Marley, the daughter and first child of the late Bob Marley and will also include a range of accessories, apparel, footwear and musical instruments, amongst others.
"Bob Marley's legacy is global and cross generational, there are very few people who have left such a great impression on global pop culture,” said David Lipman, chairman of Lipman, one of the brand houses working on the project. “His values are as uniquely relevant today as they were 30 years ago and will be just as relevant 30 years from now. I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to work on a brand that deserves such thoughtful stewardship."
And so on that note, we at the just-food head office thought we’d help them out with some brand names for the new food range. Judge for yourself…
No Woman, No Fry Up
Easy Lamb Shanking
Buffalo Egg & Soldiers
...while Jamming and Stir it Up speak for themselves!
Any further contributions are welcomed….
UK consumers are being urged to think of other ways to use their jack-o-lanterns and cut the millions of tonnes of pumpkin that is wasted at this time of year....
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up growth investments
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report