Blog: Employee arrested over corruption claims at SPC Ardmona parent
Dean Best | 27 March 2015
Coca-Cola Amatil is co-operating with Australian state police after an employee was arrested for money laundering and receiving a reported half-a-million Australian dollars in corrupt commissions.
The Australia-based food and beverage group - the parent company of processed food business SPC Ardmona - has told our sister site just-drinks.com it is "providing its complete co-operation and support to the police".
An employee has reportedly been arrested for money laundering and receiving a half-a-million Australian dollars in corrupt commissions.
The employee, described by the Australian Financial Review as "senior", was reportedly detained on Wednesday by fraud police at Coca-Cola Amatil's Macquarie Park offices in Sydney
According to the publication, Coca-Cola Amatil informed police last year a 61-year-old employee was allegedly receiving commissions from a vehicle supplier for leasing its cars. The vehicle supplier reportedly deposited a total of A$504,900 (US$394,000) into a bank account set up by the employee.
Police reportedly said they expect to make more arrests ahead of a court hearing on 14 April.
Sectors: Canned food
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report