Blog: Employee arrested over corruption claims at SPC Ardmona parent
Dean Best | 27 March 2015
Coca-Cola Amatil is co-operating with Australian state police after an employee was arrested for money laundering and receiving a reported half-a-million Australian dollars in corrupt commissions.
The Australia-based food and beverage group - the parent company of processed food business SPC Ardmona - has told our sister site just-drinks.com it is "providing its complete co-operation and support to the police".
An employee has reportedly been arrested for money laundering and receiving a half-a-million Australian dollars in corrupt commissions.
The employee, described by the Australian Financial Review as "senior", was reportedly detained on Wednesday by fraud police at Coca-Cola Amatil's Macquarie Park offices in Sydney
According to the publication, Coca-Cola Amatil informed police last year a 61-year-old employee was allegedly receiving commissions from a vehicle supplier for leasing its cars. The vehicle supplier reportedly deposited a total of A$504,900 (US$394,000) into a bank account set up by the employee.
Police reportedly said they expect to make more arrests ahead of a court hearing on 14 April.
Sectors: Canned food
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report