Blog: Exceeding expectations
Catherine Sleep | 22 July 2004
Don’t you get a kick out of it when someone exceeds your expectations? Whether it’s a colleague who goes the extra mile to cover your patch while you’re on holiday, or a friend who presents you with an inspired gift, people going above and beyond the call of duty is thrilling.
And that thrill factor isn’t a feeling I readily associate with fastfood restaurants. On the rare occasion that I stop by at one, it’s pretty much an in-and-out experience. If it does what it says on the tin and doesn’t take too long, I’m satisfied.
But when there’s so much competition about, superlative service is the way to create a USP and customer loyalty. Imagine rocking up at a fastfood joint on a rainy day and being met at your car by an umbrella-wielding knight in shining armour just desperate to escort you to the restaurant door in the dry? You’d go back just to see if it could happen twice, wouldn’t you?
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image