Blog: Exceeding expectations
Catherine Sleep | 22 July 2004
Don’t you get a kick out of it when someone exceeds your expectations? Whether it’s a colleague who goes the extra mile to cover your patch while you’re on holiday, or a friend who presents you with an inspired gift, people going above and beyond the call of duty is thrilling.
And that thrill factor isn’t a feeling I readily associate with fastfood restaurants. On the rare occasion that I stop by at one, it’s pretty much an in-and-out experience. If it does what it says on the tin and doesn’t take too long, I’m satisfied.
But when there’s so much competition about, superlative service is the way to create a USP and customer loyalty. Imagine rocking up at a fastfood joint on a rainy day and being met at your car by an umbrella-wielding knight in shining armour just desperate to escort you to the restaurant door in the dry? You’d go back just to see if it could happen twice, wouldn’t you?
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch