Blog: Exceeding expectations
Catherine Sleep | 22 July 2004
Don’t you get a kick out of it when someone exceeds your expectations? Whether it’s a colleague who goes the extra mile to cover your patch while you’re on holiday, or a friend who presents you with an inspired gift, people going above and beyond the call of duty is thrilling.
And that thrill factor isn’t a feeling I readily associate with fastfood restaurants. On the rare occasion that I stop by at one, it’s pretty much an in-and-out experience. If it does what it says on the tin and doesn’t take too long, I’m satisfied.
But when there’s so much competition about, superlative service is the way to create a USP and customer loyalty. Imagine rocking up at a fastfood joint on a rainy day and being met at your car by an umbrella-wielding knight in shining armour just desperate to escort you to the restaurant door in the dry? You’d go back just to see if it could happen twice, wouldn’t you?
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities