Blog: Fat fuels accessories
Catherine Sleep | 9 March 2006
New stats show that sales of accessories outperformed all other clothing retail sectors last year. I believe I know why.
It’s obesity, stupid. If you need to jazz up your wardrobe but can’t fit into any clothes you like, you can always resort to a new handbag or scarf. You may really want a pencil skirt but if all else fails, you know you can squeeze into a new hat. Busting out of those trousers? No problem, just wrap a sarong around your waist or get a really large new necklace to distract from the problem zone!
Danone completed its US$12.5bn acquisition of WhiteWave Foods this week. The move will roughly double Danone's presence in North America, where WhiteWave is a top four dairy player. ...
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods