Blog: Fat fuels accessories
Catherine Sleep | 9 March 2006
New stats show that sales of accessories outperformed all other clothing retail sectors last year. I believe I know why.
It’s obesity, stupid. If you need to jazz up your wardrobe but can’t fit into any clothes you like, you can always resort to a new handbag or scarf. You may really want a pencil skirt but if all else fails, you know you can squeeze into a new hat. Busting out of those trousers? No problem, just wrap a sarong around your waist or get a really large new necklace to distract from the problem zone!
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund