Blog: Five ways to cut your food bill
Dean Best | 8 May 2008
It’s not that long ago that I left university (although those six years have flown by) but today (8 May) I was reminded of life as a student.
No, not falling asleep in lectures on Machiavelli or pogo-ing around to the latest indie band in some Strongbow-soaked underground bar but the challenge of shopping on a budget.
Thankfully, that reminder didn’t come in the form of a salary cut from the bean counters at Aroq.
Instead, I was sent the latest advice on how to save a few pennies as food prices rise.
In the UK, a website called LoveFoodHateWaste.com has been set up to educate consumers on how to make the most of the food that they buy (if only they had things like this way back in 2001).
The site is dedicated to educating people about the need to reduce the amount of food they throw away.
A new article on the site shows how to reduce food waste and save some cash in the process. The site gives five quick tips from keeping your store cupboards well-stocked to better portion control.
“It’s amazing how many meals you can get from one chicken!” the website exclaims.
I haven’t a clue. Too busy spending my student days at the nearest KFC.
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry