Blog: Five ways to cut your food bill
Dean Best | 8 May 2008
It’s not that long ago that I left university (although those six years have flown by) but today (8 May) I was reminded of life as a student.
No, not falling asleep in lectures on Machiavelli or pogo-ing around to the latest indie band in some Strongbow-soaked underground bar but the challenge of shopping on a budget.
Thankfully, that reminder didn’t come in the form of a salary cut from the bean counters at Aroq.
Instead, I was sent the latest advice on how to save a few pennies as food prices rise.
In the UK, a website called LoveFoodHateWaste.com has been set up to educate consumers on how to make the most of the food that they buy (if only they had things like this way back in 2001).
The site is dedicated to educating people about the need to reduce the amount of food they throw away.
A new article on the site shows how to reduce food waste and save some cash in the process. The site gives five quick tips from keeping your store cupboards well-stocked to better portion control.
“It’s amazing how many meals you can get from one chicken!” the website exclaims.
I haven’t a clue. Too busy spending my student days at the nearest KFC.
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review