Blog: Five ways to cut your food bill
Dean Best | 8 May 2008
It’s not that long ago that I left university (although those six years have flown by) but today (8 May) I was reminded of life as a student.
No, not falling asleep in lectures on Machiavelli or pogo-ing around to the latest indie band in some Strongbow-soaked underground bar but the challenge of shopping on a budget.
Thankfully, that reminder didn’t come in the form of a salary cut from the bean counters at Aroq.
Instead, I was sent the latest advice on how to save a few pennies as food prices rise.
In the UK, a website called LoveFoodHateWaste.com has been set up to educate consumers on how to make the most of the food that they buy (if only they had things like this way back in 2001).
The site is dedicated to educating people about the need to reduce the amount of food they throw away.
A new article on the site shows how to reduce food waste and save some cash in the process. The site gives five quick tips from keeping your store cupboards well-stocked to better portion control.
“It’s amazing how many meals you can get from one chicken!” the website exclaims.
I haven’t a clue. Too busy spending my student days at the nearest KFC.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review