Blog: Food Advertising Unit
Catherine Sleep | 8 July 2003
Together with the FAU representatives, the group of food, health and parenting journalists sitting around the breakfast table engaged in a “lively debate” about the rights and wrongs of different marketing campaigns and their impact on market size and share. As the chitchat rumbled on over a bowl of extremely tasty raspberries, I mentioned how surprised I’d been when Cadbury recently launched its highly controversial campaign exchanging chocolate wrappers for school sports equipment. To me it had been an exercise in irony too far, destined to provoke scorn and accusations of hypocrisy and really a bit daft – regular readers will recall I said as much in my weekly newsletter (issue 166).
However, FAU director Jeremy Preston pointed out that, since 4000 schools had signed up for it, maybe I’d missed the point. Perhaps so – it would be good to hear from Cadbury about the success or otherwise of the campaign a year or two down the line.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- UK yogurt makers call for added sugar "clarity"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review