Blog: Food Advertising Unit
Catherine Sleep | 8 July 2003
Together with the FAU representatives, the group of food, health and parenting journalists sitting around the breakfast table engaged in a “lively debate” about the rights and wrongs of different marketing campaigns and their impact on market size and share. As the chitchat rumbled on over a bowl of extremely tasty raspberries, I mentioned how surprised I’d been when Cadbury recently launched its highly controversial campaign exchanging chocolate wrappers for school sports equipment. To me it had been an exercise in irony too far, destined to provoke scorn and accusations of hypocrisy and really a bit daft – regular readers will recall I said as much in my weekly newsletter (issue 166).
However, FAU director Jeremy Preston pointed out that, since 4000 schools had signed up for it, maybe I’d missed the point. Perhaps so – it would be good to hear from Cadbury about the success or otherwise of the campaign a year or two down the line.
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea