Blog: Food Advertising Unit
Catherine Sleep | 8 July 2003
Together with the FAU representatives, the group of food, health and parenting journalists sitting around the breakfast table engaged in a “lively debate” about the rights and wrongs of different marketing campaigns and their impact on market size and share. As the chitchat rumbled on over a bowl of extremely tasty raspberries, I mentioned how surprised I’d been when Cadbury recently launched its highly controversial campaign exchanging chocolate wrappers for school sports equipment. To me it had been an exercise in irony too far, destined to provoke scorn and accusations of hypocrisy and really a bit daft – regular readers will recall I said as much in my weekly newsletter (issue 166).
However, FAU director Jeremy Preston pointed out that, since 4000 schools had signed up for it, maybe I’d missed the point. Perhaps so – it would be good to hear from Cadbury about the success or otherwise of the campaign a year or two down the line.
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities