Blog: Food and the environment: a briefing
Dean Best | 28 October 2010
I want to take a break from the mountain of third-quarter results published today (28 October) to point you towards just-food's latest management briefing - just one of the benefits of subscribing to our site.
Our four-part How to green your supply chain looks at how the food industry is trying to mitigate its impact on the environment.
The briefing analyses how suppliers and food retailers are working together to build the environment into the buying process.
UK food producer Premier Foods plc, retailer Sainsbury's and Belgium-based grocer Delhaize are highlighted in their moves to include high-level executive involvement into their policies on sustainability.
The briefing also looks at the involvement of other stakeholders from government and unions and from farming groups to aid charities, citing prominent multi-stakeholder initiatives such as the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) and the Marine Stewardship Council.
Part three discusses the challenges in developing labels that accurately measure a foodstuff's impact on the environment, while part four assesses how industry can measure any advances it is making.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review