Blog: Food firms capitalise on upcoming World Cup to drive sales
Hannah Abdulla | 2 June 2014
Food manufacturers are capitalising on the impending World Cup and looking at ways of maximising their product sales.
Birds Eye has launched a Big Snack campaign to push some of its main food range as snack-friendly options.
The GBP1.2m TV campaign tempts fans to try a fish finger sandwich as well as other products such as chicken chargrills, crispy chicken grills and quarter pounders.
The campaign will also be run through the major multiples and MD Andy Weston-Webb explained that it was seen as an opportunity to drive penetration in the dish finger category in particular.
The campaign kicks of on 2 June in the UK.
The UK retail giant has sought to "simplify" its trade terms with suppliers....
With market talk rumbling on over whether Diamond Foods is up for sale, attention has now turned to if the company could be preparing to sell its snack food brands separately having failed to secure a...
UK potato brand Albert Bartlett has started production on its first frozen brands from its recently acquired frozen potato factory in Westwick, Norfolk. ...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Premier Foods adds to Bisto range
- PepsiCo to close Australia crisps plant
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis