Blog: Food firms capitalise on upcoming World Cup to drive sales
Hannah Abdulla | 2 June 2014
Food manufacturers are capitalising on the impending World Cup and looking at ways of maximising their product sales.
Birds Eye has launched a Big Snack campaign to push some of its main food range as snack-friendly options.
The GBP1.2m TV campaign tempts fans to try a fish finger sandwich as well as other products such as chicken chargrills, crispy chicken grills and quarter pounders.
The campaign will also be run through the major multiples and MD Andy Weston-Webb explained that it was seen as an opportunity to drive penetration in the dish finger category in particular.
The campaign kicks of on 2 June in the UK.
French vegetable group Bonduelle is selling its 50% stake in Spanish vegetable group Ultracongelados de la Ribera (UCR) to its joint venture partner Ardo Group. ...
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- What should you learn from 2015 olive oil prices?
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- just-food's three top tips for M&A deals in 2016
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Hain Celestial lifted by international, protein
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US
- Unilever launches dairy-free Ben & Jerry's in US