Blog: Food firms capitalise on upcoming World Cup to drive sales
Hannah Abdulla | 2 June 2014
Food manufacturers are capitalising on the impending World Cup and looking at ways of maximising their product sales.
Birds Eye has launched a Big Snack campaign to push some of its main food range as snack-friendly options.
The GBP1.2m TV campaign tempts fans to try a fish finger sandwich as well as other products such as chicken chargrills, crispy chicken grills and quarter pounders.
The campaign will also be run through the major multiples and MD Andy Weston-Webb explained that it was seen as an opportunity to drive penetration in the dish finger category in particular.
The campaign kicks of on 2 June in the UK.
The UK is enjoying its annual spring bank holiday on Monday (30 May)....
The online retail behemoth is again causing chatter throughout the sector, this time amid speculation it is set to launch more private-label products. ...
Talking with our readers, a common problem among them is their battle to keep tabs on the changes to regulations in China. And the recent moves Beijing has made to revamp its rules around e-commerce h...
Rumours Chinese pork giant WH Group is eyeing acquisitions, particularly in the US, have surfaced....
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Wilmar, Adani and Ruchi Soya announce India JV
- TreeHouse rationalises production network
- Danish Crown profits slide in "tough" market