Blog: Food firms capitalise on upcoming World Cup to drive sales
Hannah Abdulla | 2 June 2014
Food manufacturers are capitalising on the impending World Cup and looking at ways of maximising their product sales.
Birds Eye has launched a Big Snack campaign to push some of its main food range as snack-friendly options.
The GBP1.2m TV campaign tempts fans to try a fish finger sandwich as well as other products such as chicken chargrills, crispy chicken grills and quarter pounders.
The campaign will also be run through the major multiples and MD Andy Weston-Webb explained that it was seen as an opportunity to drive penetration in the dish finger category in particular.
The campaign kicks of on 2 June in the UK.
Trace One and SGS Supply Chain Solutions have developed a social network platform they believe will improve product safety globally by enabling more effective real-time communication in the supply cha...
3D design company Lehrmitt Design Studios is offering designs using 3D printing technologies that, it says, can add an "artist's touch" to assembly line chocolate. ...
- Why US foodservice could offer route to growth
- Foodservice in the US - what the analysts say
- Briefing: 11 menu trends shaping US foodservice
- How can brands capitalise in US foodservice?
- UK organic industry's bullish outlook
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- Hain buys 100% of deli meats firm Empire
- Thorntons sales, profits fall
- Saputo's Warrnambool to buy Lion's cheese arm
- Greenyard Foods, Univeg, Peatinvest mulling merger