Blog: Food firms capitalise on upcoming World Cup to drive sales
Hannah Abdulla | 2 June 2014
Food manufacturers are capitalising on the impending World Cup and looking at ways of maximising their product sales.
Birds Eye has launched a Big Snack campaign to push some of its main food range as snack-friendly options.
The GBP1.2m TV campaign tempts fans to try a fish finger sandwich as well as other products such as chicken chargrills, crispy chicken grills and quarter pounders.
The campaign will also be run through the major multiples and MD Andy Weston-Webb explained that it was seen as an opportunity to drive penetration in the dish finger category in particular.
The campaign kicks of on 2 June in the UK.
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta appoints Gary McGann as chairman
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities