Blog: Food refreshes parts others can't reach
Dean Best | 6 July 2007
Global mergers, acquisitions, health scandals and obesity – there is little doubt the food industry has the ability to command the front page of newspapers around the globe.
I have worked as an editor in the food and drinks sector and whilst drinks no doubt has a certain glamour attached to it, the passion that the subject of food can raise in almost every individual still makes this the industry to work in, in my opinion.
A quick look at the front page of the BBC’s news website yesterday (5 July) and there were stories on the salt content of sandwiches and news of research that flew the flag for organic foods.
But the top read story on the whole of the site yesterday? The story of a lady in Cambridgeshire who managed to come second in a cake baking contest despite being the only contestant to enter.
Evidence once more that food stories will grab headlines on almost every level.
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities