Blog: Former Tesco chief Leahy takes US private-equity role
Dean Best | 18 May 2011
Sir Terry Leahy, the former chief executive of UK retail giant Tesco, has checked in at Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, the US private-equity firm.
Leahy has joined the group as a senior advisor and follows in the footsteps of another UK retail veteran, Sir Stuart Rose, in entering the world of private equity.
In September, after quitting as Marks and Spencer chief executive, Rose joined private-equity firm (and Pret a Manger owner) Bridgepoint.
Leahy said CD&R, which owns UK catering supplier Brakes and Ahold's former foodservice arm in the US, had demonstrated "time and again the ability to build better businesses".
Among the advisors Leahy will work alongside at CD&R are Vindi Banga, the former head of Unilever's food, home and personal care businesses.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review