Blog: France's retail reform looks good on paper...
Dean Best | 25 July 2008
Continental legislators have a gift for sweeping their most controversial acts under the carpet on their way out for the holidays.
This week, the French parliament has ended its session by rolling out the final version of its law to modernise the economy (LME).
Supermarket suppliers will be relieved to know that they will be required to trade to a written contract next year, even if they will have to invoice at fully net prices. With luck the contract will be one that they helped to draft, although some retailers have in the past thoughtfully brandished ready-to-sign agreements during negotiations, without so much as a duplicate copy to take home.
There will be a 60-day limit on invoice settlements (or end of month + 45 days). A stray amendment made that invoice date plus 60 days, not the delivery date.
There are previous cases where retailers have asked for late invoices, but with luck the contract will have covered payment terms...
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016