Blog: France's retail reform looks good on paper...
Dean Best | 25 July 2008
Continental legislators have a gift for sweeping their most controversial acts under the carpet on their way out for the holidays.
This week, the French parliament has ended its session by rolling out the final version of its law to modernise the economy (LME).
Supermarket suppliers will be relieved to know that they will be required to trade to a written contract next year, even if they will have to invoice at fully net prices. With luck the contract will be one that they helped to draft, although some retailers have in the past thoughtfully brandished ready-to-sign agreements during negotiations, without so much as a duplicate copy to take home.
There will be a 60-day limit on invoice settlements (or end of month + 45 days). A stray amendment made that invoice date plus 60 days, not the delivery date.
There are previous cases where retailers have asked for late invoices, but with luck the contract will have covered payment terms...
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements