Blog: “Free Monstro!”
Catherine Sleep | 16 November 2006
You’ve heard of Free Willy; now it’s the turn of Monstro the lobster to have citizens campaigning for his liberty. Monstro is a 15-pound lobster caught off the coast of Massachusetts and perilously rehoused in a restaurant in the fortuitously named Bethlehem.
And lo, Monstro did indeed rise again, as the restaurant owner’s 7-year-old daughter pleaded for his life. Her entrepreneurial father had the brainwave of selling raffle tickets for the right to choose whether he should live or die. Having raised Monstro’s retail price of US$150, a winning ticket was drawn and the winner, clearly no seafood fan, decided to spare his life.
He was ceremonially returned to the ocean, with any luck having learned the salutary lesson that lobster pots may look cosy but they’re bad news for lobsters.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Hochdorf expands in Africa with Pharmalys buy
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review