Blog: From Heinz to Hovis - vote for your top brands
Dean Best | 13 February 2009
What makes a good brand?
Consumer recognition? When the brand name becomes shorthand for its competitors? (Think Coca-Cola or Hoover) When, instead of merely being aware of a brand, consumers are its passionate supporters?
In the UK, the debate has been kicked off by The Marketing Society, which, to celebrate its 50th anniversary, has chosen the 50 brands – across all sectors – that it says “shone most brightly in each of the last 50 years”.
Cadbury, Hovis, Tesco and M&S all make the list – alongside the likes of Direct Line, Guinness and Google.
If you fancy a look at the list and want to place your vote, visit The Marketing Society's 50 Golden Brands page.
It'll be sure to cause some debate in your office.
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Aryzta appoints Gary McGann as chairman
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities