Blog: From paddling to Paris
Catherine Sleep | 20 June 2006
Well I’m back from my convalescence, and delighted to report I’m back to match fitness. My recuperation was rounded off with a spell of sunshine and sandcastles in Dorset, from where I’m also pleased to report that the good old British bucket & spade holiday is alive and kicking.
Mind you, I did notice that the beach has become a far more active retail arena these days. Long gone are the days when you had to traipse a quarter of a mile to a shabby little hut selling nothing but teas and ices. On the nicest stretch of Weymouth sands you’re always within staggering distance of a food stall. And they sell nothing but healthy options, as you can see in the picture below. Methinks the Food Standards Agency and/or Jamie Oliver may have a new battleground.
Anyway, fresh back in harness and I’m off to Paris at the crack of dawn tomorrow to report on the CIES World Food Business Summit. Kraft CEO Roger Deromedi and Carrefour’s Luc Vandevelde are going to be telling us how tough it is to undergo major strategic changes when you’re a multinational giant, so I’ll have my pencil poised.
A bientôt, mes amis!
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review