Blog: From paddling to Paris
Catherine Sleep | 20 June 2006
Well I’m back from my convalescence, and delighted to report I’m back to match fitness. My recuperation was rounded off with a spell of sunshine and sandcastles in Dorset, from where I’m also pleased to report that the good old British bucket & spade holiday is alive and kicking.
Mind you, I did notice that the beach has become a far more active retail arena these days. Long gone are the days when you had to traipse a quarter of a mile to a shabby little hut selling nothing but teas and ices. On the nicest stretch of Weymouth sands you’re always within staggering distance of a food stall. And they sell nothing but healthy options, as you can see in the picture below. Methinks the Food Standards Agency and/or Jamie Oliver may have a new battleground.
Anyway, fresh back in harness and I’m off to Paris at the crack of dawn tomorrow to report on the CIES World Food Business Summit. Kraft CEO Roger Deromedi and Carrefour’s Luc Vandevelde are going to be telling us how tough it is to undergo major strategic changes when you’re a multinational giant, so I’ll have my pencil poised.
A bientôt, mes amis!
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review