Blog: Functional foods set to drive growth
Petah Marian | 1 March 2011
With health and wellness becoming an increasingly important factor in the products consumers choose, manufacturers have been quick to jump on the fast-moving functional foods bandwagon.
While the area offers great opportunity, and is set to grow by 3% to 5% year-on-year over the next five years, while essential for consumers, increasing interest from goverments into the validity of these health claims may stymie degree level of growth.
PepsiCo has launched a "global nutrition group" which will aim to deliver innovation accross a number of better-for-you product areas. It is big business for the manufacturer, with the company aiming to boost its nutrition business from aroung US$10bn in 2010 to $30bn by 2010.
Yesterday just-food launched its management briefing on functional foods. The four-part report offers in-depth analysis of the fast-growing channel, outlining the opportunities and issues this sector faces.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review