Blog: Germany's Nordmilch looks to milk consolidation
Dean Best | 22 June 2010
Europe is seeing a number of dairy mergers
More news on the wave of consolidation flowing across Europe's dairy industry.
Yesterday (21 June), German dairy co-op Nordmilch said it hoped to complete its long-awaited merger with local peer Humana Milchindustrie.
The deal remains subject to the approval of both companies' farmer-members and Germany's anti-trust authorities but is a sign that the country's largest dairy processors are keen to take part in the shake up seen in the sector.
Nordmilch CEO Dr Josef Schwaiger said that move was a sign German dairies knew it had to take part in the wave of consolidation taking place in the wider sector.
"A comparison of the development of the dairy industry in Germany with that in neighbouring European countries clearly reveals that Germany needs further consolidation to survive in international competition in the long term," Dr Schwaiger said.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities