Blog: Glamorising gluttony
Catherine Sleep | 5 July 2004
"I think he has proven, once again, that he is one of the finest athletes of any sport in the world." Who are we talking about? Roger Federer? Angelos Charisteas? Er, no.
The quote refers to Takeru Kobayashi, world speed-eating champion. His latest feat is to swallow 53 and a half hot dogs, and their accompanying buns, in just 12 minutes. The hot dog competition has been running at New York’s Coney island since 1916 and is a highlight of the annual calendar of the International Federation of Competitive Eating.
Call me a killjoy but perhaps it’s time to call it a day. Glamorising overeating is just soooo last millennium.
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast