Blog: God wants you to be a vegan
Dean Best | 2 May 2007
God wants you to be a vegan. So claims a book published in the US that says meat is the real forbidden fruit.
Author Jeff Popick cites page one of the Bible in which, he claims, the Lord instructs man to eat “every herb yielding seed…and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree-yielding seed.”
Hence, Popick argues, how can an apple or a fig have led to “man’s downfall”? He passes over the passage in the Bible on the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden.
In his book, The Real Forbidden Fruit: How Meat Destroys Paradise And How Veganism Can Get It Back, Popick contends that once humans began to eat meat, paradise on Earth was lost. However, we can regain that paradise by becoming vegan again, as we were meant to be.
Meant to be? Without wishing to spark an evolution versus creationism debate on these pages, if we were meant to be vegans, why do humans come with the, well, equipment to eat meat?
From a man described as a “former Hollywood stuntman”, this tome seems nothing more than a crazy stunt.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- UK yogurt makers call for added sugar "clarity"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review