Blog: Gorilla marketing
Dean Best | 11 September 2007
It’s been on TV screens for over a week now in the UK but I still cannot get enough of the new ad for Cadbury’s flagship chocolate Dairy Milk.
Food advertising can sometimes be a bit staid or a bit clichéd but this ad, leaving aside my journalistic impartiality for a moment, is fantastic.
For those of you who have yet to see it, take a couple of minutes to check it out.
(Why a gorilla? Why use a song by Phil Collins? It's baffling, yet works brilliantly).
Cadbury has had its problems here in the UK over the last 12 months, with the salmonella scandal rocking the reputation of the company and its products.
But this ad cannot fail to put a smile on your face and Cadbury must hope it will breathe new life into one of the country’s best-loved brands.
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch