Blog: Great news for fish breeders
Catherine Sleep | 13 February 2004
In China, Valentine’s Days lovers aren’t saying it with flowers or chocolates, but with… fish. Yes, really. Kissing fish are the most popular Valentine's gifts with angel fish not far behind.
Not a bad idea, if you’re looking for a gift that lasts, or at least lasts longer than flowers. Mind you, it’s not everybody’s bag. I’ll forever remember the look of horror on my then-teenaged sister’s face when one boyfriend presented her with a pair of black guppy fish as a token of his affection. They soon went back to the shop. He didn’t last long either, come to think of it.
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
The Obama administration appears to have conceded the landmark Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal will not be pushed through in the lame-duck session of Congress before Donald Trump is inaugur...
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti