Blog: Great news for fish breeders
Catherine Sleep | 13 February 2004
In China, Valentine’s Days lovers aren’t saying it with flowers or chocolates, but with… fish. Yes, really. Kissing fish are the most popular Valentine's gifts with angel fish not far behind.
Not a bad idea, if you’re looking for a gift that lasts, or at least lasts longer than flowers. Mind you, it’s not everybody’s bag. I’ll forever remember the look of horror on my then-teenaged sister’s face when one boyfriend presented her with a pair of black guppy fish as a token of his affection. They soon went back to the shop. He didn’t last long either, come to think of it.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review