Blog: Great news for fish breeders
Catherine Sleep | 13 February 2004
In China, Valentine’s Days lovers aren’t saying it with flowers or chocolates, but with… fish. Yes, really. Kissing fish are the most popular Valentine's gifts with angel fish not far behind.
Not a bad idea, if you’re looking for a gift that lasts, or at least lasts longer than flowers. Mind you, it’s not everybody’s bag. I’ll forever remember the look of horror on my then-teenaged sister’s face when one boyfriend presented her with a pair of black guppy fish as a token of his affection. They soon went back to the shop. He didn’t last long either, come to think of it.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report