Blog: Guilty as charged?
Catherine Sleep | 24 January 2005
We all love the sight of a stacked fruit bowl, brimming over with several different types of fruit of complementary hues. But apparently we chuck a great deal of it in the bin rather than eating it.
A new study polled 500 families and found that more than half of all households throw away unused fruit and vegetables every week. Poor show, I guess, although it does at least prove that shoppers move around the supermarket with healthy intentions.
I have to admit I’ve done this in the past, when I lived alone. I did get a kick out of looking at (and choosing from) an impressive bowl of fruit, preferably with lots of different colours in it. But there was only me to eat it, and I was often away… I found that getting married and sharing a fruit bowl with my husband was the way forward. Not that that’s the answer for everyone. And in any case he’s already taken, so you can’t have him.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review