Blog: Guilty as charged?
Catherine Sleep | 24 January 2005
We all love the sight of a stacked fruit bowl, brimming over with several different types of fruit of complementary hues. But apparently we chuck a great deal of it in the bin rather than eating it.
A new study polled 500 families and found that more than half of all households throw away unused fruit and vegetables every week. Poor show, I guess, although it does at least prove that shoppers move around the supermarket with healthy intentions.
I have to admit I’ve done this in the past, when I lived alone. I did get a kick out of looking at (and choosing from) an impressive bowl of fruit, preferably with lots of different colours in it. But there was only me to eat it, and I was often away… I found that getting married and sharing a fruit bowl with my husband was the way forward. Not that that’s the answer for everyone. And in any case he’s already taken, so you can’t have him.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities