Blog: Hasn’t everyone worked for McDonald’s?
Catherine Sleep | 23 September 2005
Fastfood company McDonald’s has a new US TV commercial featuring ex-employees who tell you McDonald’s was the first step on their glittering careers.
I thought the demographic of population versus employment in McDonald’s was such that before long they will reach the point where everyone has worked there at some time. I know I have - far longer ago than I care to admit. (Did they ask me to be in their commercial? Did they heck).
Have a nice weekend. Kate Barker is back next week
acting news editor, just-food.com
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
Headlines that Mead Johnson's board has backed Reckitt Benckiser's takeover bid will no doubt overshadow the other news on the group this week – that it is facing a US lawsuit from a “whistle blower” ...
Kantar Worldpanel issued its monthly supermarket share data in the UK this morning - and the numbers showed a change in the identity of the country's top five food retailers....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid