Blog: Healthy fastfood
Catherine Sleep | 26 April 2006
Healthy fastfood isn’t necessarily an oxymoron; you just have to work harder to find it. As part of the Guardian’s Food Week, the paper solicited nominations for healthy fastfood outlets from its readers. The resulting list is edifying. I for one wouldn’t have expected to see a pie shop feature in it.
The paper also compiled a helpful list of the ‘best’ and ‘worst’ products on offer at some of the major chains such as McDonald’s and Subway, so there is something of interest for our non-UK readers too.
Danone completed its US$12.5bn acquisition of WhiteWave Foods this week. The move will roughly double Danone's presence in North America, where WhiteWave is a top four dairy player. ...
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1