Blog: Heinz getting formula just right
Dean Best | 30 November 2007
Heinz is a company full of beans at the moment. Yesterday (29 November), the US-based food giant bucked the trend of a number of its peers and booked a bumper set of second-quarter figures.
Like the whole industry, Heinz has been faced with rising commodity costs but the company successfully raised its prices and found sales stayed firm.
Buoyant growth in Europe, Asia-Pacific and in its own backyard suggests Heinz is getting the formula right much, no doubt, to the satisfaction of activist investor Nelson Peltz.
“This was Heinz's best quarter in years," one analyst said.
And the fact that Heinz upped its earnings forecast in a climate of rising commodity costs suggests the company’s management believes there is more good news to come.
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report