Blog: Heinz prevails in another Dip & Squeeze lawsuit
Dean Best | 23 February 2016
Kraft Heinz has won through in a court case over the rights to the Dip & Squeeze packets used for its Heinz tomato ketchup.
Scott White, an Illinois inventor, launched legal action against the then HJ Heinz in 2012, claimed the company had used his idea for a new way of packaging ketchup. White said he filed for a patent, trademarked CondiCup, in 2005, which he says was the basis for the Dip & Squeeze packets launched by Heinz in 2011.
In 2013, White's claim was dismissed; he then took his case to the United States Patent and Trademark Office, which supported the initial ruling. White took his case to the court of appeal, which on Friday backed the trademark body.
It is not the only time Heinz has faced action over the packaging. In 2010, David Wawrzynski sued Heinz in a Michigan court over the same product, which he claimed was based on his own Little Dipper packaging concept. Heinz prevailed then, too.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
This week, Bel struck a deal to buy a majority stake in fellow French group MOM Brands. Another French food major, Danone, faced criticism in the US over its plans for GMO ingredients. US snack maker ...
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review