Blog: Heinz prevails in another Dip & Squeeze lawsuit
Dean Best | 23 February 2016
Kraft Heinz has won through in a court case over the rights to the Dip & Squeeze packets used for its Heinz tomato ketchup.
Scott White, an Illinois inventor, launched legal action against the then HJ Heinz in 2012, claimed the company had used his idea for a new way of packaging ketchup. White said he filed for a patent, trademarked CondiCup, in 2005, which he says was the basis for the Dip & Squeeze packets launched by Heinz in 2011.
In 2013, White's claim was dismissed; he then took his case to the United States Patent and Trademark Office, which supported the initial ruling. White took his case to the court of appeal, which on Friday backed the trademark body.
It is not the only time Heinz has faced action over the packaging. In 2010, David Wawrzynski sued Heinz in a Michigan court over the same product, which he claimed was based on his own Little Dipper packaging concept. Heinz prevailed then, too.
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities