Blog: Hello, Bonjour, Guten Tag, Konnichiwa
Petah Marian | 1 July 2010
Welcome to the first of what will hopefully be a series of mildly entertaining, pithy blog entries coming from the very heart of the food industry. Coming to the tail-end of my first week at just-food, I can reliably say I'm very excited to be here.
I'll be trying to fill Katy Humphries' shoes (and what big shoes), while she's on maternity leave. I've spent the last couple of years as Planet Retail's news editor, immersed in the retail industry.
I'm an Australian ex-pat living in London, I am way more knowledgeable about self-checkouts than anyone in their right mind ought to be, and I'm hoping that I'll get a puppy for my next birthday.
On a more serious note, here's a link to an comment piece I wrote earlier about Tesco.
And so we begin...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Ahold Delhaize resolves Kraft Heinz delisting spat
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report