Blog: Hello, Bonjour, Guten Tag, Konnichiwa
Petah Marian | 1 July 2010
Welcome to the first of what will hopefully be a series of mildly entertaining, pithy blog entries coming from the very heart of the food industry. Coming to the tail-end of my first week at just-food, I can reliably say I'm very excited to be here.
I'll be trying to fill Katy Humphries' shoes (and what big shoes), while she's on maternity leave. I've spent the last couple of years as Planet Retail's news editor, immersed in the retail industry.
I'm an Australian ex-pat living in London, I am way more knowledgeable about self-checkouts than anyone in their right mind ought to be, and I'm hoping that I'll get a puppy for my next birthday.
On a more serious note, here's a link to an comment piece I wrote earlier about Tesco.
And so we begin...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020