Blog: Hello, Bonjour, Guten Tag, Konnichiwa
Petah Marian | 1 July 2010
Welcome to the first of what will hopefully be a series of mildly entertaining, pithy blog entries coming from the very heart of the food industry. Coming to the tail-end of my first week at just-food, I can reliably say I'm very excited to be here.
I'll be trying to fill Katy Humphries' shoes (and what big shoes), while she's on maternity leave. I've spent the last couple of years as Planet Retail's news editor, immersed in the retail industry.
I'm an Australian ex-pat living in London, I am way more knowledgeable about self-checkouts than anyone in their right mind ought to be, and I'm hoping that I'll get a puppy for my next birthday.
On a more serious note, here's a link to an comment piece I wrote earlier about Tesco.
And so we begin...
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin