Blog: Hello, Bonjour, Guten Tag, Konnichiwa
Petah Marian | 1 July 2010
Welcome to the first of what will hopefully be a series of mildly entertaining, pithy blog entries coming from the very heart of the food industry. Coming to the tail-end of my first week at just-food, I can reliably say I'm very excited to be here.
I'll be trying to fill Katy Humphries' shoes (and what big shoes), while she's on maternity leave. I've spent the last couple of years as Planet Retail's news editor, immersed in the retail industry.
I'm an Australian ex-pat living in London, I am way more knowledgeable about self-checkouts than anyone in their right mind ought to be, and I'm hoping that I'll get a puppy for my next birthday.
On a more serious note, here's a link to an comment piece I wrote earlier about Tesco.
And so we begin...
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk