Blog: Hello, Bonjour, Guten Tag, Konnichiwa
Petah Marian | 1 July 2010
Welcome to the first of what will hopefully be a series of mildly entertaining, pithy blog entries coming from the very heart of the food industry. Coming to the tail-end of my first week at just-food, I can reliably say I'm very excited to be here.
I'll be trying to fill Katy Humphries' shoes (and what big shoes), while she's on maternity leave. I've spent the last couple of years as Planet Retail's news editor, immersed in the retail industry.
I'm an Australian ex-pat living in London, I am way more knowledgeable about self-checkouts than anyone in their right mind ought to be, and I'm hoping that I'll get a puppy for my next birthday.
On a more serious note, here's a link to an comment piece I wrote earlier about Tesco.
And so we begin...
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe