Blog: Here's a snapshot of 2010
Dean Best | 29 January 2010
Four weeks into 2010 and I can imagine you are as swamped as we are here at just-food.com.
Caution is the watchword despite the world's largest economies, including the UK (just), moving out of recession and into a technical recovery.
What will this mean for the food industry?
We've teamed up with Euromonitor to provide a briefing on the outlook for the industry, including the claim from Euromonitor that global retail sales by 2012 will be 5% lower than predictions made prior to the financial crisis.
To access the briefing, you need to be a full subscriber of just-food.com (it's just part of the service).
To sign up to just-food and receive a whole lot more, including daily news, analysis and comment on the latest news on the food industry, click here.
Danone completed its US$12.5bn acquisition of WhiteWave Foods this week. The move will roughly double Danone's presence in North America, where WhiteWave is a top four dairy player. ...
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1