Blog: Here's a snapshot of 2010
Dean Best | 29 January 2010
Four weeks into 2010 and I can imagine you are as swamped as we are here at just-food.com.
Caution is the watchword despite the world's largest economies, including the UK (just), moving out of recession and into a technical recovery.
What will this mean for the food industry?
We've teamed up with Euromonitor to provide a briefing on the outlook for the industry, including the claim from Euromonitor that global retail sales by 2012 will be 5% lower than predictions made prior to the financial crisis.
To access the briefing, you need to be a full subscriber of just-food.com (it's just part of the service).
To sign up to just-food and receive a whole lot more, including daily news, analysis and comment on the latest news on the food industry, click here.
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
The Obama administration appears to have conceded the landmark Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal will not be pushed through in the lame-duck session of Congress before Donald Trump is inaugur...
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti