Blog: Here's a snapshot of 2010
Dean Best | 29 January 2010
Four weeks into 2010 and I can imagine you are as swamped as we are here at just-food.com.
Caution is the watchword despite the world's largest economies, including the UK (just), moving out of recession and into a technical recovery.
What will this mean for the food industry?
We've teamed up with Euromonitor to provide a briefing on the outlook for the industry, including the claim from Euromonitor that global retail sales by 2012 will be 5% lower than predictions made prior to the financial crisis.
To access the briefing, you need to be a full subscriber of just-food.com (it's just part of the service).
To sign up to just-food and receive a whole lot more, including daily news, analysis and comment on the latest news on the food industry, click here.
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
Headlines that Mead Johnson's board has backed Reckitt Benckiser's takeover bid will no doubt overshadow the other news on the group this week – that it is facing a US lawsuit from a “whistle blower” ...
Kantar Worldpanel issued its monthly supermarket share data in the UK this morning - and the numbers showed a change in the identity of the country's top five food retailers....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid