Blog: Hot beef
Catherine Sleep | 11 April 2006
What is WITH this weather? One minute I’m donning flip flops and taking hay fever tablets, the next I’m digging a path to the road with the snow shovel. Six inches of snow in an hour and half. In southern England. In April.
It’s enough to make you want a nice hot beef sandwich. How about the McDonald sandwich, on sale at Selfridges? Made with ingredients including Wagyu beef, fresh lobe foie gras and black truffle mayonnaise, this 2000-calorie sandwich is most definitely not to be confused with any offering emanating from the global fastfood chain with a somewhat similar name.
Its creator denies that it’s a ‘sandwich for snobs’, a claim sadly belied by its £85 price tag. Not only bad for your waistline, it’s not going to do your bank account any favours either. But hey, it’s a lifestyle thing.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements