Blog: Hot beef
Catherine Sleep | 11 April 2006
What is WITH this weather? One minute I’m donning flip flops and taking hay fever tablets, the next I’m digging a path to the road with the snow shovel. Six inches of snow in an hour and half. In southern England. In April.
It’s enough to make you want a nice hot beef sandwich. How about the McDonald sandwich, on sale at Selfridges? Made with ingredients including Wagyu beef, fresh lobe foie gras and black truffle mayonnaise, this 2000-calorie sandwich is most definitely not to be confused with any offering emanating from the global fastfood chain with a somewhat similar name.
Its creator denies that it’s a ‘sandwich for snobs’, a claim sadly belied by its £85 price tag. Not only bad for your waistline, it’s not going to do your bank account any favours either. But hey, it’s a lifestyle thing.
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival