Blog: Hot beef
Catherine Sleep | 11 April 2006
What is WITH this weather? One minute I’m donning flip flops and taking hay fever tablets, the next I’m digging a path to the road with the snow shovel. Six inches of snow in an hour and half. In southern England. In April.
It’s enough to make you want a nice hot beef sandwich. How about the McDonald sandwich, on sale at Selfridges? Made with ingredients including Wagyu beef, fresh lobe foie gras and black truffle mayonnaise, this 2000-calorie sandwich is most definitely not to be confused with any offering emanating from the global fastfood chain with a somewhat similar name.
Its creator denies that it’s a ‘sandwich for snobs’, a claim sadly belied by its £85 price tag. Not only bad for your waistline, it’s not going to do your bank account any favours either. But hey, it’s a lifestyle thing.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up