Blog: Hovis' Best baker...?
Dean Best | 19 April 2010
Mrs Best-to-be would readily testify that I don't often get my hands dirty in the kitchen but I was cajoled into it on Friday by Hovis maker Premier Foods.
Before a briefing to announce the launch of Hovis Hearty Oats, the company rounded up the press in attendance and got us baking bread - something which, thanks to a fearsome Home Economics teacher at school, filled me with dread.
However, I'm pleased to report the bread turned out well and, crucially, was edible - although when the snap below was taken, I wasn't too sure how tasty it would be.
Thanks to Premier for a fun morning. The UK's largest food maker is aiming for its Hovis Hearty Oats to be the biggest FMCG launch in the UK this year. As long as they keep the press out of the bread-making process, the company could have half a chance.
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report