Blog: Hovis' Best baker...?
Dean Best | 19 April 2010
Mrs Best-to-be would readily testify that I don't often get my hands dirty in the kitchen but I was cajoled into it on Friday by Hovis maker Premier Foods.
Before a briefing to announce the launch of Hovis Hearty Oats, the company rounded up the press in attendance and got us baking bread - something which, thanks to a fearsome Home Economics teacher at school, filled me with dread.
However, I'm pleased to report the bread turned out well and, crucially, was edible - although when the snap below was taken, I wasn't too sure how tasty it would be.
Thanks to Premier for a fun morning. The UK's largest food maker is aiming for its Hovis Hearty Oats to be the biggest FMCG launch in the UK this year. As long as they keep the press out of the bread-making process, the company could have half a chance.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016