Blog: Hovis' Best baker...?
Dean Best | 19 April 2010
Mrs Best-to-be would readily testify that I don't often get my hands dirty in the kitchen but I was cajoled into it on Friday by Hovis maker Premier Foods.
Before a briefing to announce the launch of Hovis Hearty Oats, the company rounded up the press in attendance and got us baking bread - something which, thanks to a fearsome Home Economics teacher at school, filled me with dread.
However, I'm pleased to report the bread turned out well and, crucially, was edible - although when the snap below was taken, I wasn't too sure how tasty it would be.
Thanks to Premier for a fun morning. The UK's largest food maker is aiming for its Hovis Hearty Oats to be the biggest FMCG launch in the UK this year. As long as they keep the press out of the bread-making process, the company could have half a chance.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth