Blog: Hovis' Best baker...?
Dean Best | 19 April 2010
Mrs Best-to-be would readily testify that I don't often get my hands dirty in the kitchen but I was cajoled into it on Friday by Hovis maker Premier Foods.
Before a briefing to announce the launch of Hovis Hearty Oats, the company rounded up the press in attendance and got us baking bread - something which, thanks to a fearsome Home Economics teacher at school, filled me with dread.
However, I'm pleased to report the bread turned out well and, crucially, was edible - although when the snap below was taken, I wasn't too sure how tasty it would be.
Thanks to Premier for a fun morning. The UK's largest food maker is aiming for its Hovis Hearty Oats to be the biggest FMCG launch in the UK this year. As long as they keep the press out of the bread-making process, the company could have half a chance.
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations