Blog: How anxiety over corn is reaching fever pitch
Dean Best | 4 April 2008
As we head into the weekend, there has been plenty of food for thought over corn prices during the last 24 hours or so.
"The increasing cost of corn is undoubtedly the greatest problem facing the US food industry,” Richard Lobb of the National Chicken Council (NCC) told us today.
Do you share his concern?
How long will the US government - and the European Commission - persist with their policies of promoting biofuels?
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea